Microsoft’s latest upgrade is finallyJuly 30, 2015 3:16
Ever wonder how people describe Dubai? We do. Here are ten descriptions Kipp found on the internet.
February 16, 2009 9:40 by Dana El Baltaji
1. “Dubai is one of those magical places that seem too good to be true,” began an article in The New York Times titled Dubai, the Glittering Emirate, Revisited, published December 6, 2008.
2. The original Mr Boombastic thinks Dubai is fantastic read a headline in Emirates Business 24/7. The article was an interview with reggae star Shaggy, published February 7, 2009.
3. “I mean Dubai is like Silicon Valley on steroids from a risk perspective,” said Mahmood Panjwani in an interview with CBS News. The article, Once Booming Dubai Goes Bust, was published on January 2, 2009.
4. “Dubai is a beginning, not an end,” read part of sub-head for an article in The Times titled Dubai: it should be ugly but it isn’t. The article was published on December 7, 2008.
5. “Dubai is the best unkept secret in the Middle East,” said Youssef Ibrahim, a former correspondent for the New York Times in an interview with Smithsonian.com. The article, Dazzling Dubai, was published on October 1, 2003.
6. “Dubai is one of the world’s most vibrant tourist destinations,” wrote Neha Sharma-Sara for The Economic Times. The title of the article, Dubai: The Land of Joy and Adventure, is another priceless description of the emirate. The article was published on January 23, 2009.
7. “Dubai is quite chavvy,” said a Trailfinders spokesman to The Times. The article, Don’t mess with the law in Dubai, was published on July 9, 2008.
8. “Certainly, Dubai is a borrower,” wrote Daren Fonda for Time magazine, referring to the country’s debt and rumors that Dubai’s bubble may burst. The article, Inside Dubai Inc., was published on May 6, 2006.
9. “Dubai is more than an idea – to be the best in everything – and while it may lack charm for some, it would be a mistake to assume that it has no art, music or culture in general,” said Joseph A. Kechichian in an opinion piece titled Oh, the rush to judgment. The article was published in Gulf News on February 11, 2009.
10. “Dubai is like a movie star, and just like a movie star everyone is looking at us, adding more pressure,” said Marwan bin Ghalita, Rera’s CEO to Emirates Business 24/7. He made the statement in response to media reports that many of Dubai’s developments have been cancelled or delayed. The article, Rera denies huge number of projects cancelled in Dubai, was published on February 12, 2009.