Register for our free newsletter

Latest News

Contact the Ministry of Labor? How?

Contact the Ministry of Labor? How?

The Ministry of Labor has asked jobless expatriates to get in touch with the authority as soon as they lose or leave their jobs.

December 16, 2009 3:13 by

Jobless expatriates need to report to the Ministry of Labor as soon as they are out of work in order to avoid legal liabilities, Khaleej Times reports. Humaid bin Deemas, acting director general of the Ministry, said, “Workers whose temporary contractual relations with their employers were ended should report to the ministry and not stay without work in the country.”

“The worker is brought from abroad to join a certain job and should stay in it. Whenever the work relations is over, he should not seek for excuses to stay in the country,” he explained.

He said the ministry has been contact by individuals who have remained in the country long after their employment contracts ended. “Allegations of waiting for these long periods to get their rights were not acceptable to the Ministry. Staying for months in the country without reporting to the ministry or following a lawsuit in courts is against the law,” he said.

Ok. But employees at the Ministry of Labor rarely pick up the phone, and when they do, you get transferred from one person to the next before someone tells you you’ve called the wrong ministry.

And when you insist you haven’t, that your issue is a labor issue and that ministry told the press that jobless expatriates need to get in touch with the authority, they tell you they’ve never heard of such a thing.

We’ve been through it before, and we know people who’re suffering through it now. Who has the patience to fight through the all the laziness and nonchalance to register their new employment status?

Tags: , , ,


  1. Jasmine on December 17, 2009 6:52 am

    This is hilarious Kipp – and so true!

  2. Joffy Philip on December 18, 2009 7:06 pm

    Road shows will help to give awareness to the unemployed expats.


Leave a Comment