To celebrate the country’s 44th anniversary, Kippreport brings you some interesting details about the EmiratesDecember 1, 2015 5:27
DIY gone wrong
A German blew up his apartment by accident.
July 16, 2009 1:18 by Dana El Baltaji
A German man blew up his apartment attempting to fix his air mattress, the fire brigade in Dusseldorf told Reuters on Wednesday.
The 45-year-old man used tire repair solvent to fix a leak in his airbed and left it dry overnight. The next day, he used to an electric air pump to inflate the mattress, but “A spark from the electric air pump ignited it,” and it blew up his apartment, a spokesperson for the brigade said. His living room wall collapsed onto the stairwell, causing considerable damage to the apartment.
A three-year-old girl suffered first degree burns, and the man walked away with burns on his arms.
Do you have any DIY disasters you’d like to share with Kipp?