Kippreport explores the technology that’s currently trending at GitexOctober 7, 2015 3:08
Go on, ask
Why do people ask stupid questions?
September 7, 2009 12:26 by kippreport
Why do people insist that there are no stupid questions? As far as Kipp’s considered, there are plenty, and we’re happy to see that the tour operators at Banff National Park in Canada agree.
They’ve been asked so many stupid questions, they’re compiling them in a book. Below are some of the highlights:
1. Are the animals with collars tame? (These animals have been fitted with tagged collars because they have had incidents with people. It is important to stay a safe distance away from wildlife.)
2. We are going into British Columbia. Do we need to change our money into Euros?
3. Can we drive our car onto a glacier anywhere? (Not to our knowledge, but you might enjoy a trip on the Ice Explorer across the Columbia Icefields.)
4. Do we need snow tires or chains to drive to Lake Louise in July?
5. Where are the igloos and the Eskimos?
6. If the Columbia Icefield melts before we get there, can we do a different excursion?
7. Can you see polar bears at the Columbia Icefield?
8. Can I walk around P.E.I. (Prince Edward Island) in a day?
9. Can I get from Vancouver to Toronto by driving in a day?
10. At what elevation do the deer turn to elk?
11. How much does that mountain weigh?
12. Is this all natural?
13. While working at the (Banff) Gondola on a rainy day I was asked to turn the fog off at the top so they could see.”
14. While working at the Gondola, I got asked when we release the animals so they can start feeding them. I had to remind them that this wasn’t a petting zoo, the animals are wild and come out when they please — and please don’t feed them.”
15. Where’s that place where I can see the bear in the cage? Can I get a photo with him?
16. If I see a bear when I’m hiking, can I just keep walking past it?
17. Can you guarantee wildlife sightings?
18. Where is the rocky mountain?
19. What’s the best trail to take a bike on to see a cougar?
20. Where are the animals kept at night?
Bonus Question: Where can I find a wife?