Objective: Provide the luxury of personal aircraft ‘to more than just the one per cent’August 3, 2015 9:00
Breaking the du-opoly
Broadband is up to fourteen times more expensive in the UAE compared with other markets. But an expected price war between telcos Etisalat and du could save consumers serious money.
January 26, 2010 1:57 by Ben Flanagan
How UAE broadband rates compare with those in India, the UK and US
|Monthly broadband fees (AED)||Etisalat (1)||du (2)||Airtel, India (3)||o2, UK (8)||Verizon, US|
(1) Plus installation charges of AED200, or AED100 when applying through website
(2) Plus installation charges of AED200
(3) For connection in Mumbai. Includes AED47-AED79 free calls.
(4) Data transfer limit of 50 GB.
(5) Speed is 2Mbps until 30GB data download limit, 1Mbps thereafter
(6) Speed is 1Mbps until 25GB data download limit, 512kbps thereafter
(7) Speed is 512Kbps until 15GB data download limit, 256Kbps thereafter
(8) Speed depends on area. Connections of ‘up to’ 8Mbps cost AED75 per month. o2 offers two months’ free internet, and a monthly discounted rate of AED45 a month to its mobile phone customers.