close

policy

We would like to invite you to continue a survey you have started. ...

Do you trust your insurer ?

Strongly agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly disagree
Insurance provides peace of mind
Insurance is purchased only when compulsory
Terms and Conditions (small print) are clear and easily accessible
Insurance jargon (language) stands in the way of fully understanding each policy
Insurance companies try their best to uphold the details of the policy without cutting corners
Reducing risk, cutting costs and profits are more important to an insurance company than the customer
Insurance companies in the region are as professional as in other more developed markets
Gender
Age group
Do you feel your insurance provider works in your interest?
Have you had a rejected claim that you feel was not justified?
Do you trust your insurance provider?
Our Network

Register for our free newsletter

 
 
Latest News

Dubai’s ‘Tourism Dirham’ to take effect in March

dreamstime_s_12976155

New charge will fund Expo 2020 projects

0

February 5, 2014 9:31 by



Following the decision of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of the Executive Council, to introduce a fee applied for guests staying in hotels, the new charge will take effect on March 31.

The “Tourism Dirham” will be applied per room, per night, and will range between AED7 and AED20 depending on the hotel’s rate.

The fee will fund projects for Expo 2020, as well as promoting the emirate of Dubai. However, the decision has sparked mixed reactions, as experts warn that it might affect the length of stay for tourists, especially for long-term visitors, since the fee is small, but applied daily.

“The introduction of the Tourism Dirham will support Dubai Corporation for Tourism and Commerce Marketing, helping to ensure our continued competitiveness on the global stage which will be reflected positively on the growth of two of our economic pillars – trade and tourism,” says Helal Saeed Al Marri, marketing director-general of the Department of Tourism and Commerce.

The number of hotels across the emirate is expected to double by the time the expo begins, with the number of hotel rooms set to rise from 80,000 to between 140,000 and 160,000, according to 2012 figures. An estimated 30 per cent of all visitors (out of a target of 25 million) are expected to come from the UAE, whereas the remaining 70 per cent will be international guests (according to Expo 2020 Dubai’s organising committee’s projections).

 

 

 

 



0

Leave a Comment