Your life just got a whole lot easierJuly 26, 2015 8:55
Happy New Career!
MBTI certified practitioner Alia Alikhan helps residents in Dubai get to know their personalities better and how to best apply this in their professional and personal lives.
January 12, 2012 4:28 by kippreport
Do you know your natural strengths and talents?
Do you feel you are making the most of them at your job?
Do you know what key ingredients you require for career satisfaction?
Do you know what motivates you (and are you getting it)?
If you answered NO to two or more of the questions above, the Career Exploration Workshop may be for you.
The Career Exploration Workshop, held in Dubai January 14, 2012, is a day long session dedicated to understanding YOU – what makes you tick, what your preferences and tendencies are, and what energises you. We use the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to assess your Personality Type – an in depth personality assessment that provides a detailed profile of your strengths, areas for development, decision making process and more. Exercises and discussion in the workshop are then used to verify your results as well as bring Personality Types to life. We demonstrate the practical application of your Profile so that you walk away with a deeper understanding of:
– Your Personality Type
– How it differs from others
– What fields, roles and even an overall career path that is best suited to you
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
There are 16 MBTI Personality Types that can be broken down into 4 main personality groups: the Guardians, the Artisans, the Idealists and the Rationals. Each group has its own unique strengths, with each of the four types within the groups having their own specific talents and preferences.
While you need to take the complete MBTI certified assessment for an in-depth assessment of your Type, here’s are the four main groups:
• Guardians are: responsible, dependable, and dutiful. They uphold values, and are best suited to logistical roles working with resources.
• Artisans are: excited, impulsive, generous, and optimistic. They like to work with a tools and to spend long amounts of time perfecting their craft.
• Rationals are: Logical, calm and think outside the box. They take on strategic roles, and normally concerned with looking at the bigger picture.
• Idealists are: empathetic, enthusiastic, and intuitive. They often play diplomatic roles and aspire to improve people’s lives.
Keep in mind you will need to complete a full MBTI assessment and reviewing it with a certified MBTI practitioner. If you would like to know more about your specific type and want an in depth analysis of your personality and a detailed profile, please visit www.usingpersonality.com.
Alia Alikhan is a management consultant and certified MBTI practitioner.