Your life just got a whole lot easierJuly 26, 2015 8:55
Looking for a job in the UAE?
Kipp speaks to Bayt.com to see what employers are looking for
August 17, 2014 2:44 by kippreport
By Tola Onasanya
According to leading recruiting agency Bayt.com Middle East’s Job Index Survey, February 2014, 48 per cent of employers in the UAE (sample size 355) prefer candidates to have good communication skills in Arabic and English. “We have hundreds of new job postings every day, several of which require bilingual candidates.”
“Gulf countries, in particular, exhibit a plethora of different cultures as well as languages. Keeping this in mind, the understanding of a secondary language proves to be a great asset,” says Bayt.com. Being bilingual, particularly in Arabic and English, will help you secure a job in the region.
Here are the top five criteria employers look for:
– Team player – co-operative/helpful/flexible (50 per cent)
– Good communication skills in Arabic & English (48 per cent)
– Good leadership skills (47 per cent)
– Trustworthy/honesty (45 per cent)
– Good negotiation skills (39 per cent)
Here’s how the list looks across the Mena region (sample size 2729):
– Good communication skills in Arabic & English (56 per cent)
– Team player – co-operative/helpful/flexible (47 per cent)
– Overall personality and demeanour (43 per cent)
– Good leadership skills (41 per cent)
– Trustworthy/honest (41 per cent)
“Bilingualism is definitely a plus and we strongly advise all jobseekers, as well as established professionals, to continually brush up on their Arabic and English language skills,” concludes Bayt.com.