Your life just got a whole lot easierJuly 26, 2015 8:55
Mobile TV rings in more profits, says study
As content sharing among mobile phone users increase, performance and better experience count more, according to Mobile Life.
March 29, 2011 3:44 by Precious de Leon
– Across developed (44 percent) and emerging (77 percent) markets handset brand is considered an important factor in product decision making. Content brands, however, are building equity in the mobile ecosystem, with more than 1 in 4 globally saying content and apps are a key consideration at the point of purchase.
– Partnerships will become more important than ever as handset manufacturers look to maintain marketshare as tablets rapidly expand on the scene. Tablets are already generating substantial momentum, with intended ownership rates as high as 31 percent in Asia and 28 percent in Europe.
– Google’s operating system – Android, as well as OMS and Tapas – have gained 24% share in the past 12 months, growing from 9 percent to 33 percent, according to Canalys estimates 2011.
– Over half of Apple (56 percent) and Android (52 percent) customers access social media via their mobiles daily, but this figure drops to 44 percent and 41 percent for Windows Mobile and Symbian, respectively.
– 51 percent of Apple and 49 percent of Android customers are “very likely” to stay with that operating system, while that figure drops to 30 percent and 31 percent for Windows and Symbian
About the Project
Discovermobilelife.com is the second collaboration between the TNS team and Digit and is part of the TNS ‘Life’ series). TNS Mobile Life is the result of more than 25,000 hours of interviews with over 34,000 respondents in 43 countries.