close

policy

We would like to invite you to continue a survey you have started. ...

Do you trust your insurer ?

Strongly agree
Agree
Disagree
Strongly disagree
Insurance provides peace of mind
Insurance is purchased only when compulsory
Terms and Conditions (small print) are clear and easily accessible
Insurance jargon (language) stands in the way of fully understanding each policy
Insurance companies try their best to uphold the details of the policy without cutting corners
Reducing risk, cutting costs and profits are more important to an insurance company than the customer
Insurance companies in the region are as professional as in other more developed markets
Gender
Age group
Do you feel your insurance provider works in your interest?
Have you had a rejected claim that you feel was not justified?
Do you trust your insurance provider?
Our Network

Register for our free newsletter

 
 
Latest News

Saudi’s media debate

Saudi’s media debate

Senior media executives in the kingdom argue about the freedom of media: what is acceptable, and what is not.

0

October 25, 2009 1:13 by



Katib also considers the accusations against Al-Majd channel to be “over-exaggerated” and a form of extremism. “This society lacks the art of dialogue. This is manifested by the strong adherence to a certain ideology while ignoring the thoughts and ideologies of the other.” “Nobody should accuse Al-Majd of extremism, [it] is a moderate channel” he added, denying it was ideologically dogmatic as described by some Saudi liberals.

Katib went on to say that Al-Majd and other space channels had the right to have their own ideological agenda that is not separable from religion. “Ideology and religion usually go side by side,” he said.

He added that since it started transmission the channel has been fighting terrorism and the rhetoric of Al-Qaeda. “It is targeting 90 percent of Sunnis while retaining respect and appreciation for the remaining 10 percent who are our partners in the homeland.”

Al-Tunisi has called on media organizations to create a regulatory system. “What we need in the print, audio and visual media is a law,” he said adding that the irresponsible conduct by one or two organizations does not mean all are the same.

First seen in Arab News.



Pages: 1 2 3

0

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Comment