Souq.com expects to double its sales during this year’s annual event, compared with its 2014 editionNovember 25, 2015 9:59
Another child dies of food poisoning in UAE
An Indian toddler died last week in another suspected food poisoning case in Dubai...
July 21, 2009 7:12 by Dana El Baltaji
An Indian toddler died last week in another suspected food poisoning case in Dubai, reports Khaleej Times. Two-and-half year-old Rishab Pranav was pronounced dead at Al Rafa Polyclinic in Bur Dubai on Thursday.
The doctor, Sayed PMM, told the Dubai-based daily that the toddler’s parents visited the clinic to seek treatment for his mother, who said she had vomited after eating reheated home-cooked food. The mother said that her son had also vomited numerous times.
“It was when they mentioned to the nurse that the boy also had vomited six to seven times till 2am, that the nurse advised them to send the child to me,” the doctor said.
The doctor realized the child had trouble breathing, and instructed the nurse to administer IV fluid, oxygen and a nebulizer. “His condition suddenly worsened and he collapsed when the nurse was trying to inject him. We could not do anything as he had already passed away,” explained the doctor.