Register for our free newsletter

Latest News

Damac Properties CEO resigns

Peter Riddoch, the CEO of Dubai-based developer…

September 7, 2009 2:29 by

Peter Riddoch, the CEO of Dubai-based developer, Damac Properties, has announced that he will be resigning from his post next month, reports Gulf News. “To leave an organization that has been a significant part of my life for so many years will not be easy, but I know that the time is right for me to make some changes, focus a bit more on my personal interests and family, and possibly even take on new challenges,” Riddoch said.

The company has not yet named a successor to the post, and operations will currently be handled by its senior management team.

Tags: , ,

8 Comments

1. C. Rush on September 8, 2009 6:15 am

….and what happens to our investments???? Since over 3 years they kept our investment with no return. Will the apartments ever be built?? Do we get any interest on our invested money?? We should take legal actions against Damac soon. United we stand, united we should take Damac to court….Anybody out there who will join me??

Best regards,

2. Nick on September 8, 2009 8:18 am

good riddance, Riddoch

3. Wesam on September 8, 2009 8:50 am

Mr. C. Rush

The biggest mistake in your life that you have bought an apartment from Damac. This company has a proven track record of dissappointing it customers.

Thanks

4. mishal on September 8, 2009 11:03 am

Is it my imagination or are the rats abandoning a sinking ship?

5. OFiroz on September 8, 2009 12:43 pm

Mishal, no rats are abandoning sinking ship, it is the captain of the ship who throwing out to the sea over weighed goods that may help the ship to sink in future. Only question rose here is weather the ship is already sinking or is it half way sunk!? Is it the last option the captain is trying!?

6. Randa on September 8, 2009 12:59 pm

Imad Chaar will replace him. Hopefully, things will improve after so many dissappointments and rip offs.

7. The Don of Dubai on September 9, 2009 8:23 pm

Good riiddance Peter!

DOWN WITH DAMAC. I WISH TO SEE THE EMPLOYERS SUFFER LIKE WE BUYERS AND EX-STAFF HAVE BEEN.

YOUR TURN WILL COME SOON AND THEN SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT.

8. DeniseTheMenace on September 13, 2009 12:29 pm

@ Randi or randa whatever – Who the hell is Charr ? Some burnt wood or something…Who knows, my friend…(which means who cares, as a figure of speech)

So pls dont leave such stupid remarks in future office time….

Cheers !!!