Google not yet pulled out of China
Search engine giant plans to hold talks with the Chinese government on censorship issues
January 17, 2010 2:51 by kippreport
Internet search engine Google has said that it has not yet closed its offices in China, and that it is planning to hold talks with the Chinese government on censorship issues within the next few weeks, reports Reuters.
The company said last week that it was thinking about leaving China after a cyber-attack on its network in December. Google said that it did not want to filter content on google.cn, its Chinese language search engine, and that it would try to negotiate a legal unfiltered search engine from the government.
China has said that the issue can be resolved, but insists that all foreign companies, including Google, must abide by its laws.