Our Network

Register for our free newsletter

Latest News

No extension for identity card registration deadline

No extension for identity card registration deadline

Plus, Citigroup to slash 50,000 jobs, Saudi tanker hijacked by Somali pirates 'freed', UAE's nominal GDP to reach Dh1trn by 2012, Dubai Group to buy stakes in US real estate firms

November 18, 2008 6:45 by

9 Comments

1. Line on November 18, 2008 8:08 am

Hi, It is amazing how they put a deadline , and they have no forms to give to people, I went to the Al Wasl post office and the employee said I have no forms and has no clue of any question you are asking him. HOw do you expect to put a deadline when no forms and appointment are being given…..

2. shenoy on November 18, 2008 9:00 am

hi, eida is a joke…. firstly-why do expats need this so called id card as the govt. has all our info. either thru residence visa, driver licence, tenancy contracts, etc… secondly-why is it so difficult to access the forms or to register or to get an appointment and none of the eida offices can give complete info. as most of them are not aware of eida’s q&a’s. this is uae, welcome! many more such regulations to come.

3. a merchant on November 18, 2008 9:33 am

I have submitted my family registration forms at al wasl rd jumeira 1 post office on 28 10 2008 and still awaiting response of appointment date.Almost 20 days now.

4. vijay k tripathi on November 18, 2008 10:34 am

EIDA SHOULD MAKE EXCLUSIVE CENTRES WHEWR EMPLOYEES ARE WORKILG IN THOUSANDS LIKE JABELALI FREE ZONE, SAIF ZONE-SHARJAH, SCHOOLS,AIRPORT,VARIOUS MINISTRY ETC

5. Traceylee Gaskin on November 18, 2008 10:48 am

All ex-pats in my business have sent forms (we have copies) and as yet no appointments have been confirmed.

If all Ex-pats that go to their home country for Christmas cannot return in the new year due to frozen bank accounts then Business Dubai will suffer. I am sure something will be worked out and communicated shortly.

6. Raj on November 18, 2008 11:42 am

I have so many unanswered questions… maybe you KIPP can aswer a few. Does EVERYONE need an ID card. That means me, my wife and my 5 year old son?? What about if I am only residing here for a limited period, say a year – still need one?? And when i read about deadlines for Expats, is this for all EXPATS. I mean Everyone??? Employees, labourers, Free Zone Staff, Business Owners, … or there different deadlines for different people?? And finally what happens if because of all the confusion that the deadliens are not met?? Clarification is what is required here. Agreed????

7. Ashraf on November 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Why not the authorities make it mandatory with the renewal of Visas, I mean compulsory for the people to make immediately who has visas just renewed and valid for 2-3 years, and the rest of the remaining people at the renewal of their visas simply. So with in 6 months it will be all over.
    But with this deadline it is not possible at all.

8. Cameron on November 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Given the amazing delays on getting visas and driving licences sorted out, the idea that they’ll get somewhere in the region of a million ID cards sorted in the next month is laughable.

If they start freezing bank accounts that will not exactly help the ailing property and job market.

9. Tom Alter on November 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi,
    Am sure that UAE govt is short of its budgeted inflows for this year, and has chosen this mode to increase in revenue.
    1) What is the logic in having a fee based on the validity of Visa.
    2) Giving a strict deadline of Dec 30th with warning of freezing bank accounts,
    3) Morale behind the release of statement, stating there would be no extension.