AOC launches award winning new generation LED/IPS monitors in the region
AOC unveils its world class “iF Product Design Award” for “Borderless” LED/IPS 57 Series of monitors in the Middle East and Africa region
May 21, 2012 9:11
AOC, part of Taiwan based TPV Technology Limited, and the largest display manufacturer in the world, today unveiled its award-winning design of the AOC 57 Series “LED/IPS” range based on its new generation of uncompromising display technology.
AOC recently won the prestigious international “iF Product Design Award” for “Borderless” range of AOC 57 Series of LED/IPS monitors. The 57 Series of monitors features an ultra-narrow bezel around the screen (just 2mm wide on the 27-inch version) that is barely visible, creating a seemingly borderless display. Superior IPS screen technology is available on selected models.
Ideal Dual Monitor Display
The AOC 57 Series “LED/IPS” body is ultra slim at only 10.6mm. The ultra-narrow bezel measures just 5.8mm on the 23” model, and a mere 2mm on the 27” model, for a borderless appearance that is ideally suited for use in a dual monitor or multiple monitor setup, with almost seamless expansion of the computer desktop. Connecting multiple PC monitors is rewarding and fun. Less switching between multiple applications improves productivity and comfort, with extra display space for working and entertainment.
Realistic Colors and Wider Viewing Angles
The 27” model features an IPS (in plane switching) display panel that yields more consistent, realistic colors from all viewing positions than more common TN panels. Outstanding color reproduction technology meets the demanding standards of graphics professionals and allows everyone to enjoy extended viewing angles with no variation in picture quality.
Suchit Kumar, Vice President, Sales MENA & CIS Central Asia, AOC, says, “The market for extended displays is growing rapidly, and our new USB monitor provides a perfect solution for multi-screen computing with its low power consumption, cord independence and highly competitive price. AOC e1649Fwu offers a great opportunity to all our channel partners to rapidly tap into this growing market segment.”
AOC 57 Series “LED/IPS” are available in two sizes: 23-inch (E2357FH) and 27-inch (I2757FH, with IPS panel) and the key features are:
• High definition – Full HD 1920×1080 resolution (16:9 aspect ratio), high dynamic contrast ratio of 20,000,000:1 and fast response time of 2ms (E2357FH) or 5ms (I2757FH).
• Elegant “floating” display – On the 23” model, the narrow glossy black bezel blends with a reflective glare panel for a seamless, brilliant and vivid display. The 27” model combines an anti-glare IPS screen with an even narrower bezel so that images seem to float without a distracting frame.
• Environmentally-conscious display technology – Designed to meet high environmental standards, AOC 57 Series “LED/IPS” are made of environmentally preferable materials such as arsenic-free glass and mercury-free panels. (E2357FH TCO 5.2)
• HDMI for multiple multimedia devices – Dual HDMI ports support the latest DVD and Blu-ray players or gaming consoles like PS3 and Xbox 360. Consumers can also connect the monitor to their desktop or notebook PC via VGA cable if required. Direct insert I/O makes it more convenient to connect the monitor, with all ports facing back instead of down.
• Multifunctional stand – A detachable stand allows conventional monitor or “photo frame” placement.
• Ultra high DCR (20M:1) – See darker areas of content with greater depth.
• Eco Mode – Enables the user to select five different optimized display settings (Text, Internet, Game, Movie and Sport).
• 16.7 Million Colors – Displays 500,000 colors more than typical TN 6-bit panels.
• Windows compatible – Windows XP through to Windows 7 are supported, Plug and Play without complicated settings.
Pricing Warranty and availability: The price for the AOC E2357FH LED monitor is US$ 179 and AOC I2757FH IPS monitor is US$ 259. Both the monitors come with 3 years local warranty and are available across the Middle East and Africa region.