Info-Tech Research Group Names CommVault a ‘Champion’ in Multiple Technology Software Reports
CommVault earns top rating in virtual backup software, email archiving, and backup software for heterogeneous environments
June 23, 2013 10:46 by Colin_Saldanha
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - 23 June, 2013: Info-Tech Research Group has recognized CommVault as an industry “Champion” in Virtual Backup Software, Email Archiving, and Backup Software for Heterogeneous Environments in its latest Vendor Landscape Reports. These industry reports recognize outstanding vendors in the technology marketplace based on an assessment of the strength of their offerings and their ability to deliver excellent value to customers.
CommVault® Simpana® software enables data and information management features and functionality to work seamlessly together to drive down cost, eliminate complexity, and ultimately enable greater IT efficiency. From a single console, customers can easily manage physical and virtual server data protection, archive, search and reporting across hardware platforms from all the major storage vendors. With the recent release of Simpana 10, CommVault is enabling enterprises to take an exponential leap forward in protecting and managing their data at scale, creating value from information and improving access.
CommVault Delivers on “Must-Have” Virtual Backup Features
Naming CommVault a Champion in virtual backup software for the third consecutive year, Info-Tech Research Group stated that “CommVault’s forward-looking hardware integration and OEM strategy, and ability to deliver on must-have virtual backup features make it a great solution for virtual backup.” Info-Tech cited the following Simpana features and benefits in the report:
- CommVault supports virtual and physical backup through single platform architecture, offering a comprehensive portfolio of data management and compliance products beyond email archiving and data protection.
- Array integration with Simpana IntelliSnap™ technology for leveraging array-based snapshots continues to be a strong feature, making it “a great choice for those with tight backup windows.”
- Virtual Server Agent expands Simpana software capabilities to deliver advanced protection of virtual infrastructure, providing a common recovery process through Simpana software on the front end, regardless of the hardware, hypervisor, or snapshot engine utilized on the back end.
Simpana Software Offers “Holistic Archiving, Flexible Cloud Infrastructure”
In recommending CommVault in its Email Archiving report, Info-Tech said Simpana software is a “holistic content archive solution that offers extensive feature functionality. Simpana software is one of the most capable and comprehensive archiving and compliance suites on the market.” Specific strengths of Simpana software’s email archive functionality include:
- A flexible hybrid infrastructure that provides a choice as to where customers can store data in the cloud (i.e., Amazon, Rackspace, etc.).
- Intuitive and easy-to-navigate admin and end-user interfaces, the result of deep integration with Exchange and other repositories.
- Link support that provides access to attachments, accessible to mobile users.
Modernizing Data Management with a Solution that Meets Future Challenges
In recognizing CommVault in its Backup Software for Heterogeneous Environments report, Info-Tech Research Group recognized CommVault Simpana software’s “comprehensive set of features, including broad support for array and cloud storage targets as well as strong deduplication capabilities”as strengths that set it apart from competitors. The report highlighted that:
- CommVault’s solutions protect critical data on laptops, desktops and mobile devices, ensuring that an organization’s continuity, recovery and compliance needs are met, even on the edge.
- As a backup solution, Simpana software integrates well with cloud providers to offer a flexible backup target for storage and archiving, improved disaster recovery capability, and agile scalability.
- In recognizing CommVault with its Trend Setter Award, Info-Tech stated that CommVault offers best-in-class support for third-party cloud storage providers, which complements its broad support for physical storage targets.
- David West, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Business Development for CommVault:
“Data-driven organizations are looking for ways to more efficiently and cost-effectively protect, manage and access their data. Info-Tech’s Champion designation in these three reports further demonstrates how CommVault Simpana software provides customers with critical capabilities in backup, recovery, archive, and virtual server protection that not only protects information but also makes it available for new initiatives, such as mobility and analytics, for increased business value.
- Chris O’Connor, Senior Consulting Analyst, Info-Tech Research Group:
“CommVault has positioned itself as an industry leader with a comprehensive slate of features, wide-spread array support, and a strong set of deployment options. We continue to hear praise from Info-Tech customers for Simpana’s ease-of-use and strong data management capabilities, as well as solid support.”
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault’s exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault’s Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault’s corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Email: [email protected]