Kippreport gets insights from Mike Belk, CEO and president of Daimler Middle East and LevantMarch 26, 2015 12:02
ITU Telecom World 2012 Unveils Discussion Agenda
Focus on exploring the transformational ICT industry at Forum in Dubai, 14-18 October 2012
August 5, 2012 3:21 by Colin_Saldanha
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 12 July 2012 – The world’s leading experts attending the International Telecommunication Union’s upcoming ITU Telecom World 2012 Forum will promote leadership and innovation to expand broadband services in a competitive marketplace and achieve global connectivity while ensuring equal access and transparency, according to the conference agenda released today.
These core issues and many others will be on the agenda in Dubai at the meeting of high ranking delegates bringing together Heads of State and Government, leading government representatives and business chiefs including Ben Verwaayen, CEO, Alcatel-Lucent; Osman Sultan, CEO, du; Ahmad Abdulkarim Julfar, CEO, Etisalat Group; Eugene Kaspersky, CEO Kaspersky Lab; Sheikh Abdulla Bin Mohamed Saud Al-Thani, Chairman, Q-Tel; Romain Bausch, President and CEO, SES; and Franco Bernabè, CEO, Telecom Italia.
ITU Telecom World 2012 will convene in Dubai, 14-18 October. This landmark event is organized by ITU and hosted by the Government of United Arab Emirates.
“Creating awareness of the new technologies and trends revolutionizing our industry is just the beginning,” said Dr Hamadoun Touré, ITU Secretary-General. “We want to help people understand the impact, opportunities and challenges that these create. Above all, we want to make sure that the new ICT ecosystem which is developing is one that is fair, safe, resilient, open to all and fully transparent. I believe that ITU Telecom World 2012 is the platform to achieve these aims.”
An action-packed agenda will span a high-level Leadership Summit, Visionary Keynotes, Big Conversations, where major players will present and debate contrasting perspectives, panel sessions, Ministerial Round Tables and much more. Click here to see the full event calendar.
Sessions will provide an in-depth daily exploration of the following core areas:
- Leadership and Innovation: Top-level government and business summit launching discussions on 14 October, tackling the challenges facing the ICT industry in ensuring that global connectivity is achieved in as fair and transparent a way as possible.
- Delivering Broadband: Exploring the challenges for established players in expanding services and embracing new business models in today’s highly competitive and fast-changing marketplace including sessions on who owns what data, industry dynamics and more.
- Beyond connectivity: An in-depth look at emerging opportunities, new dimensions and challenges arising from the transformed industry, with focus on privacy, service delivery, spectrum, and a series of sessions with key players in the field of cybersecurity.
- Smart Applications: The enablers, examples and consequences of the new connectivity, including sessions on mobile money, e-Health, smart services and smart societies, and the importance of regional content.
- Designing the future: The shape of technologies and networks to come, including discussions on human-centric networks, converging technologies, the criminal cloud and more.
Delegate registration for the event is now open. Please visit world2012.itu.int for more information. Participating delegates will be able to attend all the Forum debates and be part of the high level networking and knowledge-sharing taking place in Dubai. Delegates registering before 07 September can take advantage of ‘early bird’ discounts.
Media accreditation for the event will open in July.
ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technology. For over 145 years, ITU has coordinated the shared global use of the radio spectrum, promoted international cooperation in assigning satellite orbits, worked to improve communication infrastructure in the developing world, and established the worldwide standards that foster seamless interconnection of a vast range of communications systems. From broadband networks to new-generation wireless technologies, aeronautical and maritime navigation, radio astronomy, satellite-based meteorology and converging fixed-mobile phone, Internet and broadcasting technologies, ITU is committed to connecting the world.
For more information, please contact:
Chief, Media Relations and Public Information, ITU
Tel +41 22 730 5046
Mobile +41 79 249 4861
Email [email protected]
Dubai – UAE
GSM: +971 (50) 6400762
Email: [email protected]