How will you make a difference this Holy Month?July 2, 2015 3:00
Kuwait Petroleum Group Pumps Up Data Management and Keeps Pace With Aggressive Business Growth Using CommVault Simpana Software
Top-Ten Oil Energy Conglomerate and Clean-Energy Leader Reduces Storage Costs & Overhead While Improving RTO/RPO of Vital Applications with Simpana Backup and Archive
December 15, 2011 1:59 by Colin_Saldanha
KUWAIT CITY, Dec. 13, 2011 – CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT)
- Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), a leader in providing safe and clean energy to the global markets, has replaced its legacy Symantec NetBackup software with CommVault® Simpana® 9 to meet ever-expanding business, compliance and data management requirements.
- Founded in 1980, KPC is involved in every aspect of the oil and gas industry, ranging from discovering new reservoirs to delivering fuel and providing essential petrochemical products. The company, which is fully owned by Kuwait, is experiencing rapid growth, which led to a need for centralised data management to improve RTO/RPO, increase operational efficiencies and respond faster to compliance requirements.
- According to KPC, Simpana Backup and Recovery software delivers the performance, reliability and manageability to better protect critical data, which they expect will double within a year, while accommodating an ever-shrinking backup window.
- KPC’s IT team also relies on Simpana Archive software to streamline management of 15,000 Microsoft Exchange mailboxes while reporting a 30 percent decrease in storage consumption.
- With Simpana software, KPC now reports being able to safeguard vital applications, including Microsoft Exchange and Oracle ERP, along with an expanding VMware environment, and enabling data recoveries in minutes, not hours or days, as it took previously. According to KPC, any data loss could cost millions of dollars in revenue, which is why they have chosen CommVault technology to ensure business continuity.
Fueling Dramatic Improvements in Data Reduction & Information Governance
- KPC takes advantage of CommVault’s embedded deduplication software to reduce its redundant data by 60 percent, KPC reports, which has helped lower storage consumption on its storage devices.
- According to KPC, Simpana software delivers data management improvements across the company’s entire data center comprising both physical and virtual servers. This is highly beneficial given the fact that KPC has virtualised nearly 70 percent of its environment.
- The company also credits CommVault’s centralised, unified management platform with increasing operational efficiencies through simpler, faster daily backups and restores. Meanwhile, integrated reporting streamlines compliance audits in keeping with KPC’s evolving information governance requirements.
- IT administration has been improved and according to KPC, productivity has been increased, since disk-based data backups, including individual emails, can be quickly and easily restored without requiring help-desk intervention.
From Khaled Al-Faili, senior IT systems analyst, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation:
- “CommVault Simpana software suits our data management needs perfectly. As the only truly single platform solution, the software enabled us to consolidate multiple operations under one umbrella, which is extremely important. It’s like we dumped our clunky phone, fax machine and computer for a single, high-tech mobile device.”
- “We expect to double our storage capacity in the near future and are totally confident that Simpana software will scale to meet our growth objectives while continuing to help us increase operational efficiencies.”
From Qais AlDoub, senior IT systems analyst, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation:
- “Prior to CommVault software, we faced a lot of difficulties managing our backups and restoring data was a nightmare, so we had a poor RPO and RTO window. Not any more, though, as Simpana software’s intuitive GUI makes backup and recovery as easy as a click of a button.”
- “So many of the applications we protect with CommVault technology are crucial to day-to-day operations, and we could risk millions of dollars if we lost any of this data. Thankfully, we’re fully confident in Simpana software, so backing up and recovering data is worry free.”
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault’s exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault’s Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault’s corporate headquarters is located inOceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers’ results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault’s beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.