Kippreport speaks to EMAX and Jumbo Electronics to find out what they thinkSeptember 1, 2015 2:32
ManageEngine Fortifies EventLog Analyzer with File Integrity Monitoring
SIEM Solution Monitors All Changes to Critical System Folders, Files in Real Time
April 18, 2013 4:12 by anila
Dubai, UAE — April 18, 2013 — ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced it has added file integrity monitoring to EventLog Analyzer, the company’s IT compliance and event log management software for SIEM. Fortified with file integrity monitoring, EventLog Analyzer now lets organizations monitor their critical folders and files in real time to prevent sensitive data from being compromised and to fulfill regulatory compliance requirements.
Thwarting data breaches and meeting stringent compliance requirements have always been a challenge for enterprises. When unauthorized or disgruntled users access and misuse social security numbers, financial records and other sensitive information, the data breach often inflicts irreparable harm to a company and its stakeholders. Meanwhile, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and other regulatory mandates have made it mandatory for companies to monitor all changes that happen to their files and folders in real time.
“The file integrity monitoring capabilities of EventLog Analyzer help companies centralize control of their data across their IT infrastructure as well as comply with regulatory bodies,” said Chenthil Kumaran, product manager, ManageEngine. “By adding file integrity monitoring to our SIEM solution, we can help customers effectively mitigate complex security challenges and also enhance their network security posture with a single, cost-effective SIEM solution.”
Real-Time File Integrity Monitoring Using EventLog Analyzer
The latest version of EventLog Analyzer introduces advanced, real-time file integrity monitoring that uses agent-based log collection techniques to let security professionals centrally track all changes happening to their files and folders. Now, EventLog Analyzer users will know, in real time, when files and folders are created, accessed, viewed, deleted, renamed and modified, and when ownership, permissions and attributes are changed. A video demo of the file integrity monitoring in EventLog Analyzer is available at http://youtu.be/lK5mcPta9gs
EventLog Analyzer’s file integrity monitoring capabilities include:
- Total File Integrity runs a thorough check on files and folders to determine if they are intact by scanning the contents, attributes, permissions, ownership, size and more.
- Baseline Integrity Monitoring creates a baseline for files and folders for precise integrity checking. All files and folders are matched with the baseline to detect changes during integrity scans.
- Monitor All File and Folder Types including executable files, folders, system configuration files, content files, zipped files, zipped folders and more.
- Complete Audit Trail includes all changes that happen on files and folders. The complete audit trail answers the “what, when, where and how” of all changes in real time.
- Meet Compliance Requirements including PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and more.
- File Integrity Reporting generates detailed reports with precise integrity details in multiple report formats, including PDF and CSV.
- File Tampering Check uses the file integrity capability to monitor file checksums — MD5 and SHA-1 — as a safety measure against file tampering.
Pricing and Availability
EventLog Analyzer 8.5 with file integrity monitoring is available immediately. EventLog Analyzer starts at $395 for 10 hosts and is available for download at http://ow.ly/jhn7e. A fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download.
For more information on ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/eventlog, and follow the product blog at http://blogs.eventloganalyzer.com. For more information on ManageEngine, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
Related EventLog Analyzer Resources
- Overview Video: http://ow.ly/jhnvG
- Online Demo: http://demo.eventloganalyzer.com
- Support and User Forums: http://ow.ly/jhnGq
- Case Studies: http://ow.ly/jhnUv
- User Guide: http://ow.ly/jhnLP
- Customers: http://ow.ly/jho3p
About ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer
EventLog Analyzer is a web-based, real-time, log monitoring and compliance management solution for Security Information Event Management (SIEM) that improves internal network security and helps you to comply with the latest IT audit requirement. For more information on ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer, please visit www.manageengine.com/products/eventlog/.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 72,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Gitanjali Sreepal (Geet)
OAK Consulting FZ LLC