International lenders did not disclose specificities, but said it was part of global cost-cutting plansNovember 26, 2015 11:32
Sourcefire Extends Next-Generation Network Security Platform With Increased Flexibility and Customization
FirePOWER Network-Based Platform Delivers Industry-Leading Next-Generation IPS, Next-Generation Firewall and Advanced Malware Protection
June 11, 2013 2:10 by anila
Dubai, UAE, June 11, 2013 — Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq: FIRE), a leader in intelligent cybersecurity solutions, today announced enhancements to its FirePOWER™ security platform, including its 7000 and 8000 series appliances, as well as updates to its Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) and Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) solutions. With these new features, Sourcefire is offering customers increased flexibility and scalability to help ensure leading protection for any environment.
The FirePOWER network-based platform provides customers with a universal security architecture for Sourcefire next-generation security solutions – NGIPS, NGFW and Advanced Malware Protection. Operating from the network edge to the core, FirePOWER provides the industry’s best threat protection with proven performance and innovation that delivers enhanced contextual awareness, automated security, application control, advanced malware protection and retrospective security.
“To address today’s threats, network security platforms require advanced visibility and awareness into network interactions and applications, and even the ability to offer advanced malware protection,” said John Grady, Research Manager, Security Products, IDC. “The ability of Sourcefire’s FirePOWER platform to deliver this functionality as part of either an IPS or NGFW, while maintaining high performance and threat prevention, makes FirePOWER a very capable platform.”
Sourcefire’s 7000 and 8000 series appliances provide customers with superior performance scalability with throughput ranging from 50 Mbps to 40+ Gbps. The company’s newest 7115 and 7125 appliances extend this flexibility with modular connectivity options through Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) interface support, enabling the appliances to easily work within a customers’ existing network environment and allowing customers to address multiple network configurations with a single device. Sourcefire is also adding four new Network Modules to its 8000 series appliances, increasing connectivity options and port density.
FirePOWER’s performance and flexibility continues to be recognized for industry leadership. In its most recent IPS Security Value Map, NSS Labs ranked Sourcefire as the leader in security effectiveness, performance and total cost of ownership (TCO). The firm also highly rated Sourcefire’s NGFW in its 2013 NGFW Security Value Map.
Sourcefire has also updated features of its FirePOWER security platform, including:
• Enhanced IPv6 Product and Awareness Support – Sourcefire’s NGIPS and NGFW now have even greater support for IPv6 in network discovery policies, correlation policies, whitelists, host profiles, various event viewers and the Sourcefire Defense Center’s Context Explorer.
• Geolocation Additions to Event Analysis – To provide additional contextual awareness for events, Sourcefire enables customers to include country identification as part of its reporting capabilities. Users can see and sort contextual information such as continent, region, postal code, longitude and latitude, organization and domain names.
• Network Address Translation (NAT) Policy Management – Simplifying the NAT configuration process, Sourcefire is providing customers the ability to define NAT policies centrally rather than on a device-by-device basis. This improves the consistency and effectiveness of an organization’s NGIPS/NGFW implementation and eases the administrative process.
• Enhanced High-Availability Features for NGFW –Minimizes disruption and continues protection in the event of a firewall device failure. The enhanced features include TCP Strict State Enforcement, Unidirectional Rules, Blocking Persistence and Dynamic Network Address Translation.
• Site-to-Site IPSec VPN – Sourcefire is extending customers’ secure communications capabilities between multiple Sourcefire-protected networks through its Virtual Private Network (VPN) based on IPSec authentication and encryption. The VPN can be deployed in a point-to-point, star or mesh topology and supports the major IPSec algorithms, ciphers and hashes for encryption and authentication.
“Organizations today consistently face a growing number of sophisticated, persistent threats to their corporate data, increasing the demand for flexible and scalable security solutions that can be customized to deliver the optimal protection for customers’ environments,” said Martin Roesch, Sourcefire founder and CTO. “With these enhancements to our FirePOWER platform, Sourcefire’s customers can rest assured that they have access to a security solution delivering continuous protection – before, during and after an attack.”
Visit the FirePOWER section on Sourcefire.com for more information.
Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE), a world leader in intelligent cybersecurity solutions, is transforming the way global large- to mid-size organizations and government agencies manage and minimize security risks to their dynamic networks, endpoints, mobile devices and virtual environments. With solutions from a next-generation network security platform to advanced malware protection, Sourcefire’s threat-centric approach provides customers with Agile Security® that delivers protection before, during and after an attack. Trusted for more than 10 years, Sourcefire has earned a reputation for innovation, consistent security effectiveness and world-class research all focused on detecting, understanding and stopping threats. For more information about Sourcefire, please visit www.sourcefire.com.
Sourcefire, the Sourcefire logo, Snort, the Snort and Pig logo, Agile Security and the Agile Security logo, ClamAV, FireAMP, FirePOWER, FireSIGHT and certain other trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sourcefire, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
# # #
For further information, please contact:
OAK Consulting FZ LLC